Date your Spouse again with these fun questions to amp up your Date Night conversation, plus 4 tips for creating an awesome date night.
4 years into our marriage with 2 toddlers at home leaves little time for couple bonding. Our youngest is up the minute we wake up in the AM and there is limited time between the kid’s bedtime and us flopping face first onto the bed. Last weekend we celebrated our anniversary by just spending some much need time together. (Only a week and a half after our actual anniversary, because well…kids.)
We ended up just spending the day together on the river on our boat. Cruising around and talking more than we had in the past few weeks combined. We searched for a new restaurant to try out on the river but none were accessible by boat so we grabbed some wings at a local pub. I have limited photos of our date since my first priority was staying present in the moment and soaking up the time with my hubby, but here are the few I took.
It took us a while to figure out what the painting on this ship was…it’s a colorful Canadian Goose.
How cute is my captain?
Bye Bye kid free time. Hopefully we get to enjoy you again soon!
Now for some of the questions, we asked each other. We started with a few of these questions that led into such interesting conversation I thought I would share them for all those married couples out there looking to discuss something other than their kiddos during their date time.
Date Night Questions to Ask your Spouse:
- What one moment of our lives together would you want to relive?
- What is something you found out about me since we’ve been married that surprised you?
- If we could go anywhere together where would you want to go?
- What is something I do that you really appreciate but may not have expressed gratitude for yet?
- What is something we have never done that you would want to do together?
- What is your favorite thing that I wear?
- What is something I have done to make you feel special?
- What is a gift I have given you that you really appreciate, or a gift you would like to receive?
- What would your perfect day together look like?
- What is something you would add to your vows knowing me now _______ years later?
Here are a few tips for making the most of your date night time together:
- Pick an activity that maximizes your time together. Something active or in a venue in which you can talk and focus on each other.
- Put away your phones. This may sound obvious but try not to even check your phones (unless it’s a call from your sitter) because it can quickly snowball into looking at your phones for half your date.
- Try not to talk about your kiddos the whole time. It may seem difficult since that is what your lives are mostly consumed with these days but I’m sure that tends to be what you discuss daily so take a look at the questions above to expand your conversations on your special night.
- Touch! Hold Hands while walking on your date or touch each other’s arms at the dinner table. Just remind each other how much you enjoy being together.
Leave a Reply